Tonight's visit from GS -- and some of the strategy...
It begins with Fish on 105.3 The Fan at 7:15 for the Unofficial Pregame Show ... tip is at 7:30 ... and here are the starting lineups, and NBA scouting info from Kyle Leath ...
|F- Dorell Wright
||F- Shawn Marion
|F- Jeremy Tyler
||F- Dirk Nowitzki
|C- Mickell Gladness
||C- Brendan Haywood
|G- Clay Thompson
||G- Delonte West
|G- Charles Jenkins
||G- Jason Kidd
A look at the Warriors Offense ...
• GS likes to push ball and take early shots. Tough team to defend because of the wild shot selection.
• Used to focus on getting ball to Lee on the block and at FT line area when they do run a semblance of an offense. With Lee unavailable, there is unlikely to be a semblance of an offense, with Thompson likely asked to free-lance.
• Wild shots lead to long rebounds. They will send people to the glass in hopes of picking up some trash points.
A look at the Warriors Defense ...
• They are very aggressive in passing lanes trying to cause turnovers.
• Warriors are weak when teams get set in half-court and get ball reversed. Quick ball movement in flow will get the ball to Dirk Nowitzki -- and there is nobody on the Warriors roster who can stick with him.
• Will pressure full-court at times.
In addition to watching the Mavs tonight ...
Follow the game on Twitter with the Mavs Twitterverse ... The 75-Member Staff!
If you like this level of insight into the World Champion Dallas Mavericks ...
Try our Premium Dallas Mavericks coverage! This is what we do, every day, with 28 years of experience on the beat! It’s pennies a day to get All-Access to what the Mavs are doing upstairs, down in the basement, in the locker room and on the court – and it’s FREE to come inside for
a 7-day tryout. Now more than ever, there’s no reason not to give it a go! Thanks for your support of the site at less than a dime-a-day! Go Mavs and Go Premium!
How to Beat the Warriors:
• OWN THE GLASS – Golden State is near the bottom of all rebounding categories. Mavs must own boards on both ends of the floor.
• BENCH – A definite advantage here. Warriors are very thin and Mavs need to take advantage of edge. An opportunity for Brandan Wright to jump up here.
• ATTACK – Golden State is a team that relies on taking chances on defense. Dallas must push when they can and then execute in half- court. Make them play defense and sooner or later they will get out of position leading to easy opportunity.